sandtoesha

Trying to live life with sandy toes and laughter

Spotters need…

Ok so ya I fell down AGAIN. pretty hard. Got some pretty nasty bruises covering my knees about 4″ circumference. Good times. So not kidding now, I really need some spotters around me when I walk. A spotter entourage. Seriously, I see stairs now and get a tinge of fear.

Here’s my (edited) msn convo with Annie about the fall:

I fell again. Really bad. I might be one up on Kristina now?

Annie says:
oh no

Tammy says:
Although Kristina’s ditch fall trumps my multiple bails

Annie says:
Where did you fall

Tammy says:
in Victoria. Fell down a stair. Onto hardwood floor

Annie says:
ouch

Tammy says:
Smashed the knees so bad the bruise covered the entire kneecap. at least 4″

Annie says:
Were you on the phone again?

Tammy says:
But I was looking at this boxing ring that was in the room I was entering

Annie says:
aww

Tammy says:
and in my defence there were two stairs and then this sort of tear drop shaped stair that blended with the hardwood
but still… my knees are not happy with me

Annie says:
well, glad u didn’t break anything

Tammy says:
ya
It’s funny walking around the city.
I can see the business men notice the bruises and then they get this kind of happy look…

Annie says:
ha ha
perverts

Advertisements

One comment on “Spotters need…

1. Tammy
    February 7, 2013

Was just re-reading this to see when this fall happened… turns out I tore the cartilage in my shoulder when I fell and get to have surgery to have it re attached. No more falling. Seriously. What's going to happen to me when my bones are old and frail?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on July 20, 2011 by in Uncategorized and tagged , .

Instagram

Loved the ride up to @barkervillebc I'm a sucker for historic towns. #goldrushtrail #explorebc so far we've made our way up #seatoskyhighway #duffylakeroad #route97 #cariboohighway next up @route16_ca #motorcycleroadtrip #suzukitu250x is rocking it.
Howe Sound view from the top of the Sea to Sky Gondola. Did my first ride of the Sea-to-Sky highway today. So much fun. Lots of corners but also lots of space since the hwy expansion in 2010. I remember driving this back in the 90's when it was single lanes. So much safer now. Did an amazing morning yoga class at the top. Highly recommend trying it! Classes start at 9:45 every weekday morning (taught by @northyoga_ ). Today's class was Yang to Yin... a perfect mix of flow and deep stretches for all levels #yoga #explorebc #seatoskyhighway #seatoskygondola #roadtrip #girlsthatride #moto #view #nature #yogainnature #yogaview #motorcycle
Found this lovely oasis on my ride back from #harrisonhotsprings #explorebc #mission #girlsthatride #waterfall #cascadefalls #roadtrip #britishcolumbia #mototrip #scenic7 #highway7
Uluwatu is gorgeous. Ancient temple that sits on a cliff. Protected by some cranky monkeys. My driver overcharged me on the way there. I sat down for a second in the parking lot to figure it out and this huge monkey comes out of nowhere, snatches my phone and hisses at me. His teeth were huge, keep my $1000 iphone. Someone came and helped by feeding the monkey so he'd drop my phone. I was told they are particularly nasty in the morning because they haven't eaten yet. Me too monkey. Me too. . But the view 🌊 . . #bali #baliindonesia #uluwatu #monkey #uluwatutemple #monkeyfight #view #indonesia
Hanging out in Nusa Dua for a few days. The Ritz is gorgeous. Beautiful grounds, right on a white sand beach overlooking the Indian Ocean. . . . #bali #baliindonesia #nusadua #beach #resort #theritz
Love exploring all the funky cafes in Bali. I was worried that with a nut 🥜 allergy in Indonesia my food options would be limited. Not at all. Flip through the slideshow for some of my favourite dishes so far. . . . #food #bali #indonesia #ubud #seminyak #canggu #peanutallergy #balifood the last pic is of my breakfast at #anggahomestay . . Thanks @josieinbc and @localwanderer for the tips!