sandtoesha

Trying to live life with sandy toes and laughter

Spotters need…

Ok so ya I fell down AGAIN. pretty hard. Got some pretty nasty bruises covering my knees about 4″ circumference. Good times. So not kidding now, I really need some spotters around me when I walk. A spotter entourage. Seriously, I see stairs now and get a tinge of fear.

Here’s my (edited) msn convo with Annie about the fall:

I fell again. Really bad. I might be one up on Kristina now?

Annie says:
oh no

Tammy says:
Although Kristina’s ditch fall trumps my multiple bails

Annie says:
Where did you fall

Tammy says:
in Victoria. Fell down a stair. Onto hardwood floor

Annie says:
ouch

Tammy says:
Smashed the knees so bad the bruise covered the entire kneecap. at least 4″

Annie says:
Were you on the phone again?

Tammy says:
But I was looking at this boxing ring that was in the room I was entering

Annie says:
aww

Tammy says:
and in my defence there were two stairs and then this sort of tear drop shaped stair that blended with the hardwood
but still… my knees are not happy with me

Annie says:
well, glad u didn’t break anything

Tammy says:
ya
It’s funny walking around the city.
I can see the business men notice the bruises and then they get this kind of happy look…

Annie says:
ha ha
perverts

Advertisements

One comment on “Spotters need…

1. Tammy
    February 7, 2013

Was just re-reading this to see when this fall happened… turns out I tore the cartilage in my shoulder when I fell and get to have surgery to have it re attached. No more falling. Seriously. What's going to happen to me when my bones are old and frail?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on July 20, 2011 by in Uncategorized and tagged , .

Instagram

Had fun exploring the #sunshinecoast with @katiemah and @racheladdante this past weekend. Do you know what to do if you run into a bear 🐻 in the woods? #hike #nature #rainforrest #explorebc #adventuresmart #bearsafety @bc_adventuresmart
This is one of my favourite illustrations from the Roberts Creek Mandala this year. Such a great project. It was started in 1997 when a group of friends painted over some negative graffiti. I first saw it back in 2007, and love that it's created new each year by the community and still going strong. The boy in the centre is the original organizer's son. #art #communityart #mandala #robertscreek #sunshinecoast #explorebc #robertscreekmandala
Seven years ago I spent a life changing month in #costarica for yoga teacher training at @anamayaresort Met so many wonderful people, fell in love with the jungle, and shifted my life's trajectory. #throwbackthursday #ytt #puravida #infinitypool #oceanview #yoga #namaste #sandtoesha #santosha
17 years since I first hiked here. My second visit, still gorgeous, but now this trio of lakes is no longer secret(ish). #bestroadtripever #nature #lovetrees
Made it to the island. By this last leg of the road trip riding felt like floating through air. #motorcycleroadtrip #explorebc #motorcycle #vancouverisland #telegraphcove #cumberland #porthardy #suzukitu250x #roadtrip #islandhighway #hwy19 #hwy19a #2000km #1300miles #atwyld #britishcolumbia
At the end of #route16 we explored #princerupert and then hopped on the Northern Expedition for the 16 hour voyage down the inside passage. Gorgeous trip through the #greatbearrainforest We didn't see bears but saw lots of whales. #motorcycleroadtrip #explorebc #motorcycle #insidepassage #bcferries #rainforest #surroundedbynature #britishcolumbia #roadtrip #heritagediscoveryroute #nature #coast #moto #suzukitu250x